Sesame Kuih Rose:
- 80g all-purpose flour
- 120g rice flour
- 70g sugar
- 200g coconut milk
- 100g water
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4tbsp white & black toasted sesame seeds
- Oil for deep frying
- Sift flour and rice flour into a bowl.
- Add coconut milk, eggs, sugar, water and salt in another mixing bowl and mix until well combined and all sugar are dissolved.
- Add (2) in (1). Whisk until well combined.
- Add in sesame seeds and mix well.
- Heat up oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Preheat brass moulds in the hot oil, about 2-3 minutes.(The moulds have to be hot enough for batter to cling on them)
- Dip hot mould into batter for 10 seconds. Make sure batter coats only the bottom and sides of mould, never over the top.
- Slowly lift it up and dip mould back in hot oil. Shake to release from mould and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Take it out from hot oil, and let it cool over paper towel to soak up all the oil.
- Repeat until all batter is used up. Store in air-tight containers.